And you need to be steadfast in your desire to achieve your goal, as it’s the starting point of all achievement. There are many self-help and inspirational books on the market, but some stand the test of time more than others. One such book is Think And Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. Although the original text was in more complex terms, in this article, I will share my personal Think and Grow Rich summary and takeaways in simple terms that still give accurate knowledge. These things that are perhaps out of your control you’ll start to focus on. And I think that’s why particularly our habits series for members, as well as our recent series on resilience where we’re so powerful, Mike, because we’re able to really dig into what drives us and how.
He spoke to John D Rockefeller, Thomas Edison, Woodrow Wilson Dr. Alexander Graham bell, just to name like four or five. As he is saying, these are unbelievably well-known globally renowned thinkers and successful individuals who had mentally a mass vast fortunes. Time for goal setting for reflection for being present, like I’m just responding to the stimulus around me. I’m just, computating at a very tactical level.
Train your subconscious mind
And I still have those and I did this some 10, 15 years ago. I still have these as little manifestations of little positive mantras that that I can actually use. The profile that strengths finder gave me is it says I’m an arranger and individualized and achieve a maximizer and a learner. Hey, remember that project that went really well, or remember you’re in control of this situation.
Use the power of imagination to build new realities. Imagination can definitely take you places if you learn to apply your ideas and turn them into things by working on them. Take inspired action and never stop imagining all the wonderful things we can create in our minds first and give to the world later.
Think and Grow Rich by Napolen Hill
PROCRASTINATION. The Think And Grow Big of putting off until tomorrow that which should have been done last year. Nothing brings man so much suffering and humility as POVERTY! Only those who have experienced poverty understand the full meaning of this. Anyone who has experienced a near accident while driving, knows that on such occasions, the sixth sense often comes to one’s rescue, and aids, by split seconds, in avoiding the accident. If you are influenced by “opinions” when you reach DECISIONS, you will not succeed in any undertaking, much less in that of transmuting YOUR OWN DESIRE into money. Broadly speaking, there are two types of people in the world.
- I feel like, Hey, there’s work to be done in this area.
- Hill advocates making decisions quickly and decisively.
- Overall, the Think and Grow Rich book describes many concepts that are as appropriate today as they were back in the 1930s.
- For example, you are running out of money in your venture, and you have a clear deadline by which you must make the business work or the business.
- It’s not saying, oh, I don’t have my million dollars yet instead you’re growing accustomed to the idea that, okay I’m working towards new year’s Eve 31st of December.
98% of people are working where they are today because they lacked a decision to plan a definite position and the knowledge of how to choose an employer. Present your plan to the proper person with authority. Every company has room for the man who has a definite plan of action which is to the advantage of that company. A burning desire to be, and to be is the starting point from which the dreamer must take off. When you begin to think and grow rich, you will observe that riches begin with a state of mind, with definiteness of purpose, with little or no hard work.
About the Author- Napoleon Hill
What one may learn from this book is that life will only give you what you ask of it…whether it is joy, happiness, money, friendship, love, family, a dog 😉 or anything in between. Don’t waste your time and energy on this book. Instead, go read « I Will Teach You To Be Rich » from Ramit Sethi for actionable advice on how to build your financial success, or « The Personal MBA » by Josh Kaufman for a real primer on how business works. Hill might be a little crazy, and his writing style is a bit over the top. More critically, some of the particular things he says are at odds with his philosophy as a whole (« these steps call for no hard labor. They call for no sacrifice »). The danger is that these are the statements readers latch on to, and lose the forest for the trees.
- He emphasizes that it alone is the medium for translating mental impulses into their spiritual and physical equivalents.
- He became an advisor to President Franklin D. Roosevelt from 1933 to 1936.
- Embodied by slowing down and developing an inferiority complex around the age of 40, referring to oneself apologetically as “being old,” and killing off the habits of initiative, imagination, and self-reliance.
- Thinking grow rich by Napoleon hill and thank you to you, our listeners, and a special thanks to our members today.
- It is convincing yourself to be rich and acting accordingly.